About the i love Music foundation
Founded in 2007 by Michael Butler, the I Love Music Foundation was created to fill a large void. With more than 9 years of working closely with high school programs as the Executive Director of the Teal Sound Drum & Bugle Corps of Jacksonville, FL, Butler has seen firsthand how budget cuts and lack of awareness of the many benefits of school music programs has dwindled the size of most music programs. In 2009, Butler joined forces with Bill Cottam, co-founder of The Crocs Next Step Campus Tour, to elevate the mission to a national level. In 2011, the Foundation was able to host their first benefit concert. The show was a big success. After 7 years of shows, The I Love Music Tour Concert has become a staple in Jacksonville, FL. In 2013, Terrace Butler Joined the Foundation and brought with her years of experience in building strong strategic plans and training programs. In 2017, Felecia K. Nelson, Ed. S joined the Foundation as the Director of Development. Felecia brings a strong educational background to the position. Also joining the team as Head of Promotions is Anthony "Big Amp" Parker and Marcus Lundy as Head of Production.
The I Love Music Foundation works year-round to make this vision a reality and gives students across the nation the opportunity to experience a quality music education.
The I Love Music Foundation will continue to work year-round to create entertaining events in markets across the country to raise money and awareness for music programs. If you are interested in having an I Love Music Tour event in your market, please contact us. CLICK HERE
FOUNDATION GOALS and OBJECTIVES
- To produce concert events designed to raise a minimum of $5,000 for each music program host.
- To provide opportunities for band directors to discover new techniques for marketing their programs to potential students and the community. Ultimately increasing the size of their programs.
- To provide a comprehensive fundraising systems that will allow the music program to become self reliant.
- To create a portal where band directors can go to receive help and advice from some of the nation’s top music instructors and designers.
- To provide music and dance lessons that focus on teaching the sound fundamentals and having fun why learning.
- To provide artist development to prepare the student to compete in the competitive music industry